How to Invest in Innovation
About This Episode
BNY Mellon Investment Management recently launched its latest suite of thematic ETFs, including the BNY Mellon Innovators ETF. It is managed by John Porter, who joins us today to discuss the ETF, what it means to invest in innovation, and why thematics.
The BNY Mellon Innovators ETF was created to support innovation across a wide range of industries and sectors, not just technology. It invests in companies that can provide economic benefits, create new jobs, and improve the quality of life for people worldwide. John’s broad definition of innovation is unique and we’re here to discuss more about the strategy with him.
Learn more about the latest suite of thematic ETFs here: https://www.etftrends.com/thematic-etfs-bny-mellon-launches-womens-opportunities-innovators-funds/
About Our Guest
John Porter is chief investment officer and head of equity at Newton Investment Management, an investment firm of BNY Mellon Investment Management, with $103 billion AUM (as of 3/31/23). John is responsible for overseeing all equity strategies across market capitalization. His team currently manages around $70 billion in equity strategies.
Outside of work, John enjoys spending time at his lake house with his wife, playing with his dogs, reading, golfing, and traveling the world to watch his daughter run marathons and his two sons play hockey.
Here are some additional resources to learn more about Newton Investment Management:
- BNY Mellon Investment Management ETFs: www.im.bnymellon.com/etf
- Newton Investment Management: https://www.newtonim.com/
- John Porter’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-porter-a85b56a/
- Thematic ETF Launch Press Release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bny-mellon-investment-management-launches-the-bny-mellon-womens-opportunities-etf-and-bny-mellon-innovators-etf-301826933.html
- BNY Mellon Investment Management Thematic ETF Suite: https://im.bnymellon.com/us/en/intermediary/campaign/thematic-etf-suite.html
A message from Advisor Perspectives and Vetta Fi: To learn more on this and other topics, check out our full schedule of upcoming CE-approved virtual events.”